Annual Awards Program
NAPT's Annual Awards Program is designed to honor a student transportation professionals at every level for helping make school transportation the safest, most effective way for 26 million children to get to and home from school each day. Each year NAPT accepts nominations for six national awards.
- NAPT Distinguished Service Award
- NAPT Continuing Education Award, sponsored by Thomas Built Buses®
- NAPT Heroism Award, sponsored by Blue Bird Corporation
- NAPT School Bus Driver Training & Safety Award, sponsored by IC Corporation
- NAPT Special Needs Transportation Award, sponsored by Q'Straint / Sure-Lok
Please contact NAPT headquarters at 800.989.6278 or email@example.com with any questions.
Congratulations 2019 Award Recipients!On behalf of the NAPT Awards Committee, we’re excited to announce this year’s winners:
- NAPT Hall of Fame Inductee – J. Steven Kalmes, CDPT (AK)
- NAPT Distinguished Service Award – Peter Mannella, President, Policy Matters (NY)
- Continuing Education Award (Sponsored by Thomas Built Buses) – Rhonda Watson, Supervisor, School District 5 of Lexington & Richland Counties (SC)
- Special Needs Transportation Award (Sponsored by Q’Straint/Sure-Lok) – Therese Pelicano, Transportation Manager, Frederick County Public Schools (MD)
- Heroism Award (Sponsored by Blue Bird Corp) – Samantha Call, Bus Driver, Norwich Schools (NY)
Many thanks to the NAPT Awards Committee! Chair, Theresa M. Anderson; Co-Chair, Jerry Milliken; Marisa Weisinger, Chris Ellison, Rick Grisham, Lisa Gadway, Brad Aemisegger, Michael Benedict and Rosalyn Vann-Jackson.