Annual Awards Program
NAPT's Annual Awards Program is designed to honor a student transportation professionals at every level for helping make school transportation the safest, most effective way for 26 million children to get to and home from school each day. Each year NAPT accepts nominations for six national awards.
- NAPT Distinguished Service Award
- NAPT Continuing Education Award, sponsored by Thomas Built Buses®
- NAPT Heroism Award, sponsored by Blue Bird Corporation
- NAPT School Bus Driver Training & Safety Award, sponsored by IC Corporation
- NAPT Special Needs Transportation Award, sponsored by Q'Straint / Sure-Lok
Please contact NAPT headquarters at 800.989.6278 or email@example.com with any questions.
Congratulations 2018 Award Recipients!On behalf of the NAPT Awards Committee, we’re excited to announce this year’s winners:
- NAPT Hall of Fame Inductee – Dr. Linda F. Bluth (MD)
- NAPT Distinguished Service Award – Joe Hart, Director of Transportation (Ret.), Killeen ISD (TX)
- Continuing Education Award (Sponsored by Thomas Built Buses) – Laura Preston, Asst. Director of Transportation, Liberty Public Schools (MO)
- Special Needs Transportation Award (Sponsored by Q’Straint/Sure-Lok) – Peggy Stone, Supervisor of Transportation Exceptional Students, Kanawha County Schools (WV)
- School Bus Driver Training Award (Sponsored by IC Bus) – Jimmy Lacey, Supervisor of Training & Safety, Kanawha County Schools (WV)
- Heroism Award (Sponsored by Blue Bird Corp) – Karson Vega, middle school student at La Grange ISD (TX)
Many thanks to the NAPT Awards Committee! Chair, Theresa M. Anderson; Co-Chair, Jerry Milliken; Marisa Weisinger, Chris Ellison, Rick Grisham, Lisa Gadway, Brad Aemisegger, Michael Benedict and Rosalyn Vann-Jackson.