NAPT Distinguished Service Award
Guidelines for Nomination
- Candidate must be a member of NAPT.
- Candidate must have a minimum of five (5) years experience in pupil transportation or related field. The candidate shall have been a member of NAPT for a minimum of three (3) years.
- Candidate must have been actively engaged in an administrative, managerial or supervisory capacity and/or actively engaged in the daily operation of pupil transportation; representing pupil transportation and/or transportation safety.
- Meritorious service must be directly related in pupil transportation between the state level and NAPT.
The recipient receives a commemorative plaque.
The Chair of the NAPT Awards Committee holds the winner's name in confidence until presented at the NAPT Annual Conference.
Nominations must be submitted by a current NAPT member and specifically include:
- Name, mailing address and other pertinent information about the candidate
- Name, mailing address and other pertinent information regarding the employer of the candidate
- Direct information and supporting documentation (if available) to support service
- Name, mailings address and other pertinent information of the individual submitting the application
Nominations will open in early 2024; award winners will be honored at the 2024 Annual Conference and Trade Show in Oklahoma City, OK.
Congratulations previous recipients!
1981 - Sherie Myer, NY & Edward Robertson
1982 - Dr. James Karo, UT
1983 - R. Dan Stevens, CA
1984 - Paula Hanna, IL
1985 - Don Gerig, IL
1986 - Frank Curran, MA
1987 - Bill Gordon, NJ
1988 - Wm. Richard Alexander, MD
1989 - Ray Westmoreland, TX
1990 - Carlisle Beasley, TN
1992 - Bill Loshbough, NM
1993 - Eugene L. Ednie, PA
1994 - Byron Watkins, KY
1995 - Stewart M. Roscoe, KY
1996 - D. Leeds Pickering, WY
1997 - Lucille J. Pepper, IL
1998 - Dennis Essary, OR
1999 - Carroll Pitts, Jr., GA
2000 - Linda F. Bluth, Ed.D., MD
2001 - Jerry B. Milliken, WV
2002 - George E. Donn, GA
2003 - Thomas Horn, IA
2004 - Richard Fischer, CO & George Horne, LA
2005 - Donald N. Tudor, SC
2006 - Bob Rubin, OH & Peter Grandolfo, IL
2007 - Robert C. Pape, NY & Pete Baxter, IN
2010 - Charles F. Hood, FL
2011 - Peter Lawrence, NY
2013 - Alexandra H. Robinson, CA
2014 - Frank DiGiacomo, NJ
2018 - Joe Hart, TX
2019 - Peter Mannella, NY
2023 - John Hennessey, MA