NAPT Distinguished Service Award
Guidelines for Nomination
- Candidate must be a member of NAPT.
- Candidate must have a minimum of five (5) years experience in pupil transportation or related field. The candidate shall have been a member of NAPT for a minimum of three (3) years.
- Candidate must be in an administrative, managerial or supervisory capacity and be actively engaged in the daily operation of pupil transportation. Candidate must be actively engaged as an administrator, manager or supervisor representing pupil transportation and/or pupil transportation safety.
Award DescriptionThe recipient receives a commemorative plaque.
NotificationThe Chair of the NAPT Awards Committee holds the winner's name in confidence until presented at the NAPT Annual Conference.
Nomination/Application RequirementsNominations must be submitted by an NAPT member and specifically include:
- Name, mailing address and other pertinent information about the candidate;
- Name, mailing address and other pertinent information regarding the employer of the candidate; and
- Name, mailings address and phone number of the individual submitting the application.
Congratulations previous recipients!
1981 - Sherie Myer, NY & Edward Robertson
1982 - Dr. James Karo, UT
1983 - R. Dan Stevens, CA
1984 - Paula Hanna, IL
1985 - Don Gerig, IL
1986 - Frank Curran, MA
1987 - Bill Gordon, NJ
1988 - Wm. Richard Alexander, MD
1989 - Ray Westmoreland, TX
1990 - Carlisle Beasley, TN
1992 - Bill Loshbough, NM
1993 - Eugene L. Ednie, PA
1994 - Byron Watkins, KY
1995 - Stewart M. Roscoe, KY
1996 - D. Leeds Pickering, WY
1997 - Lucille J. Pepper, IL
1998 - Dennis Essary, OR
1999 - Carroll Pitts, Jr., GA
2000 - Linda F. Bluth, Ed.D., MD
2001 - Jerry B. Milliken, WV
2002 - George E. Donn, GA
2003 - Thomas Horn, IA
2004 - Richard Fischer, CO & George Horne, LA
2005 - Donald N. Tudor, SC
2006 - Bob Rubin, OH & Peter Grandolfo, IL
2007 - Robert C. Pape, NY & Pete Baxter, IN
2010 - Charles F. Hood, FL
2011 - Peter Lawrence, NY
2013 - Alexandra H. Robinson, CA
2014 - Frank DiGiacomo, NJ