NHTSA In-Service Curriculum
While school bus transportation remains the safest way for students to get to school, school-transportation-related crashes still occur. Regular training is important for school bus drivers to stay up to date on the latest industry standards and help them maintain and improve the safety of children in and around the school bus. Together, we can do our part to keep our children safe!The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has completed an update to the School Bus Driver In-Service Curriculum that:
- Is now completely online and mobile-friendly so that school bus drivers can complete the curriculum at their own pace anytime, anywhere.
- Incorporates adult learning principles to provide an interactive and engaging experience that helps improve retention of content.
- Allows the learner to use the curriculum in its entirety or pick and choose modules to supplement existing training and customize learning paths.
- There is no cost to the training.
- Webinar recording
- PowerPoint presentation
- NHTSA School Bus Driver Curriculum Enrollment Instructions
- How to Access the School Bus Driver In-Service Training
- Training registration link
Rocky Wehling, Instructional Systems Specialist
Transportation Safety Institute :: US Department of Transportation