Leading Every Day (LED) Initiative
The Leading Every Day (LED) Initiative is a unique opportunity for NAPT members to take their professional skill sets to the next level. It is the goal of the LED program to attract current and future leaders, bring them together in a collaborative setting, and provide the knowledge and tools necessary to carry out their common mission to be world-class professionals who are looked to as models for our industry.
2018 Program DetailsTopic: Operational Performance Improvement through Risk Assessment & Management
Guest Lecturer: Jeff Cassell, President of School Bus Safety Company
NAPT’s 2018 Leading Every Day (LED) webinar series will guide current and emerging leaders to think more critically about various aspects of student safety and risk management. Over the course of six 1-hour sessions, participants will cover a variety of operational components that directly link to the safe and efficient transport of students to and from school each day, and explore ways to reduce risk while increasing safety.
Topics we’ll cover:
- Risk Identification
- Risk Avoidance
- Risk Reduction
- Risk Retention
- Risk Transfer
- School Bus Driving Risks
- Transporting Students
- Transporting Students with Special Needs
- Facilities & Equipment
- Employee Management
- Student Management
- Tuesday, February 13 from 2-3pm ET
- Tuesday, March 20 from 2-3pm ET
- Tuesday, April 10 from 2-3pm ET
- Tuesday, May 8 from 2-3pm ET
- Tuesday, June 12 from 2-3pm ET
- Tuesday, July 10 from 2-3pm ET
What Does the Registration Fee Cover?The $199 LED registration fee provides:
- Registration to all 6 live webinars
- Access to the recorded and archived webinars at your convenience
- Again in 2018! Face-to-face networking event at NAPT Conference exclusively for 2018 LED participants (NAPT Conference registration required)
- Access to our Guest Lecturer, Jeff Cassell, throughout and following the program for additional Q&A
- Access to fellow LED participants for ongoing communication and networking
- Certificate of Completion
Meet Our Guest LecturerJeff Cassell is a safety expert with more than 20 years of experience in making kids safer. He was responsible for both the installation of crossing gates on more than 38,000 buses and the first major installation of the Child Checkmate System to ensure that drivers checked for sleeping children.
Cassell is President of the School Bus Safety Company where he is responsible for helping create school bus driver training programs for school districts.
Prior to joining the School Bus Safety Company, Cassell was the Vice President, Corporate Risk Management for the Laidlaw Group leading all operational and safety programs for the drivers of more than 38,000 school buses who transported more than 2 million children to and from school every day. Under Cassell’s guidance, Laidlaw reduced their accident rate by more than 72% and their cost of losses were reduced by more than $40 million per year.