Start Date: 5/11/2021 1:00 PM EDT
End Date: 5/11/2021 2:00 PM EDT
Venue Name: Available Exclusively to NAPT® ACTS! Subscribers Location:
National Association for Pupil Transporation
**This series is available Exclusively to NAPT® ACTS! Subscribers.
Note: you must be logged into your RethinkEDU profile to access the webinar.
Ransomware attacks targeting schools are increasing steadily each year which negatively impact school districts and the communities in which they serve.
Dr. Linda Bluth writes: "Nationwide, school district ransomware attacks and victim experiences should be shared openly in order to assist in the prevention of new ransomware attacks. Cybersecurity school district forums should be elevated as a national ransomware prevention priority."
With Dr. Bluth's help, that is what NAPT® intends to do.
On Tuesday, May 11, 2021, at 1pm EST, Mike Martin, Executive Director of NAPT®, sits down with a panel of industry experts to discuss ransomware attacks and the impact of these attacks on transportation departments. The webinar will focus on lessons learned which will be reinforced with substantial information to help education communities protect the security of student data before and after a potential attack.
Questions can be asked live or submitted in the
NAPT® ACTS! Safety Forum prior to the webinar. You must be logged into your profile to access the community for comment.
This webinar is designed for any and all K12 education professionals.
- Overview of the current threat landscape
- Strengthen your awareness on how to best protect your department
- Gain knowledge about the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Learn about the long term effects of an attack
- Discuss internal and external crisis communication best practices
- Ransomware Attacks on School Districts and the Impact on Transportation Departments
- Date: Tuesday, May 11, 2021
- Time: 1:00 p.m. EST
- How to Watch: Available Live and On-Demand on NAPT® ACTS! | Note: you must be logged into your RethinkEDU profile to access the webinar.
- Dr. Linda F. Bluth, Special Needs Transportation Consultant
- Dr. Jess Grim, Director, Office of Transportation, Baltimore County Public Schools
- Ross Lemke, Director of the Privacy Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)
- Mike Tassey, Data Security Advisor, Privacy Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)
- Brett Callow, Threat Analyst at Emsisoft
- Meredith Griffanti, Managing Director at FTI Consulting