Start Date: 6/10/2021 1:00 PM EDT
End Date: 6/10/2021 2:00 PM EDT
Venue Name: Available Exclusively to NAPT® ACTS! Subscribers Location:
National Association for Pupil Transporation
**This series is available Exclusively to NAPT® ACTS! Subscribers.
Note: you must be logged into your RethinkEDU profile to access the webinar.
Last month the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) launched the Emergency Connectivity Fund (ESF), which includes funding for Wi-Fi hot spots for school buses.
The report and order for the launch states "we allow schools and libraries to use Emergency Connectivity Fund Program support to purchase Wi-Fi hotspots for school buses and bookmobiles to provide off-campus broadband services to students, school staff, and library patrons who currently lack sufficient broadband access." The report goes on to say "deploying Wi-Fi hotspots on schools buses or bookmobiles is a cost-effective means by which to provide much-needed connectivity to those students, school staff, and library patrons in areas with limited options."
School districts are now left asking the question: what does this mean for us?
On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 1pm EST Mike Martin, Executive Director of NAPT® will sit down with Kajeet SVP and General Manager of Education, Michael Flood to explore the Emergency Connectivity Fund and what NAPT® members need to know.
Questions can be asked live or submitted in the
NAPT® ACTS! Finance Forum prior to the webinar. You must be logged into your profile to access the community for comment.
This webinar is designed for any and all K12 education professionals.
- Quick overview of the E-RATE program
- Discuss school bus Wi-Fi cases and benefits
- Comprehensive examination of the Emergency Connectivity Fund (ECF) to help gain a complete understanding of eligibility, timing, process, and when funding will be received
- Pupil Transportation and the Emergency Connectivity Fund
- Date: Thursday, June 10, 2021
- Time: 1:00 p.m. EST
- How to Watch: Available Live and On-Demand on NAPT® ACTS! | Note: you must be logged into your RethinkEDU profile to access the webinar.
- Speaker: Michael Flood, Kajeet SVP and General Manager of Education