NAPT Special Needs Transportation Award
This award, sponsored by Q'Straint/Sure-Lok, was established to give special recognition to an outstanding individual specifically involved in the direct delivery of service in the area of special needs transportation.
Guidelines for NominationTransportation directors, supervisors, drivers, aides and/or other auxiliary personnel with a minimum of three (3) years experience in the area of special needs transportation are eligible for nomination. The candidate shall have been a member of NAPT for a minimum of three (3) years.
New in 2017! The recipient will receive the following:
- Full Delegate Registration to the NAPT Conference & Trade Show ($325)
- Hotel accommodations for up to five (5) nights (generally Friday through Tuesday) as reserved by NAPT (~$750)
- Meal allowance for meals not covered by the conference ($150; must provide receipts at end of conference)
- Mileage/Flight reimbursement ($500 max; must provide receipts at end of conference)
- Grant for additional education ($500); funds must be used for education/training purposes (NAPT Summit, online PDS, state association conference, or accredited secondary education courses)
NotificationA representation of the NAPT Awards Committee will contact the award winner no later than October 1st. Please note, the 2017 applications/nominations deadline has been extended to Friday, October 6.
- Submitted by an NAPT member;
- Endorsed by a minimum of 2 additional colleagues.
1993 - Jeanette Wolford, PA
Congratulations previous recipients!
1994 - Emily Durgin Czyz, PA
1995 - Altha Thrasher, TX
1996 - Peter Grandolfo, IL
1997 - Kentin Gearhart, IN
1998 - Alexandra Robinson, CA
1999 - Shirley Francis, MO
2000 - Terry Voy, IA
2001 - Alice Griffin, FL
2002 - Dr. Ray Turner, TX
2003 - Kathleen Furneaux, NY
2004 - Michael Livingston, FL
2005 - Debra Rike, TN
2006 - Roseann Schwaderer, VA
2007 - Sue Shutrump, OH
2008 - Charley Kennington, TX & Cheryl Wolf, IN
2009 - Randy McLerran, OK
2010 - Marisa Weisinger, TX
2012 - Victoria Creech, FL
2013 - Dr. Linda Bluth, MD
2015 - Kala Henkensiefken, MN
2016 - Launi Harden, CDPT, UT
2017 - Teena Mitchell, CSNT, SC