NAPT School Bus Driver Training & Safety Award
The School Bus Driver Training & Safety Award, sponsored by IC Bus, was created to enhance school bus driver training by recognizing school districts/companies who have exemplary driver-training programs.
Guidlines for NominationDistricts/Companies that have an employee who has been an NAPT member in good standing for at least three (3) consecutive years are eligible to receive this award.
The recipient will receive the following:
- Full Delegate Registration to the NAPT Conference & Trade Show ($325)
- Hotel accommodations for up to five (5) nights (generally Friday through Tuesday) as reserved by NAPT (~$750)
- Meal allowance for meals not covered by the conference ($150; must provide receipts at end of conference)
- Mileage/Flight reimbursement ($500 max; must provide receipts at end of conference)
- Grant for $500; the grant money must be used to enhance driver training within the district/company.
NotificationA representative of the NAPT Awards Committee will notify the winning district/company no later than October 1st.
- The 2019 application/nomination deadline is July 30.
- Endorsed by a minimum of two (2) additional colleagues.
1990 - Poway USD, CA
Congratulations previous recipients!
1991 - Denton ISD, TX
1992 - Grapevine/Colleyville ISD, TX
1993 - Methacton School District, PA
1994 - Wissahickon, PA
1995 - Kentucky Department of Education, KY
1996 - Santa Barbara, CA
1997 - MSD of Wayne Township, IN & Union County Board of Education, KY
1998 - Spring ISD, TX
1999 - Chicago Public Schools, IL
2000 - Seneca Falls School District, NY
2001 - School District of Hillsborough Co, FL
2002 - California Department of Education, CA & Harford County Public Schools, MD
2003 - Shelby County School District, TN
2004 - Lake Shore Central Schools, NY
2005 - School District of Hillsborough Co, FL
2006 - Harford County Public Schools, MD
2007 - Spotsylvania County Schools, VA
2009 - Troup County School System, GA
2011 - Allen ISD, TX
2012 - Columbus City Schools, OH
2013 - Allen ISD, TX
2014 - Casey's Kustoms LLC, SC
2015 - Marietta City Schools, GA
2016 - Fred Anness, OH
2017 - Brockport CSD, NY
2018 - Jimmy Lacy, WV