2023 Annual Conference: Call for Proposals
Submit your proposal to speak at the 46th Annual NAPT® Conference and Trade Show
We believe that transportation is integral to education. Throughout the years, NAPT® has been strengthening the student transportation industry by providing curated, thought-provoking content designed for any and all K12 education professionals.
Gain recognition as an industry leader by sharing your expertise. The 46th Annual NAPT® Conference will give you the platform to build your reputation, widen your networking circle, and position yourself as a leader who is committed to moving our industry forward.
The call for proposals is an open invitation. Submission is open to all professional school transportation personnel from both the public and private sector, school bus manufacturers, and after-market service and product suppliers.
A limited number of speaking slots are available. Please complete the proposal submission form by Monday, April 3, 2023.
Conference Information: Dates: October 27 - 31, 2023 | Location: Hyatt Regency, Columbus OH
Speaking opportunities will be Saturday, October 28 - Monday, October 30th with the Trade Show scheduled for Tuesday, October 31st. Sessions are scheduled to run for 1.25 hours for conference sessions and 1 hour for general/keynote sessions.
This year's conference theme is A Universe of Solutions, and we intend to do just that - provide our attendees with the solutions that they need. Proposals may be submitted under the following categories (understanding that there may be some overlap in subject matter):
|School Bus Driver Shortage
Topics of interest: Implemented district policies that have proven successful
in combating the driver shortage and improving driver retention.
|Emergency Preparedness and Response
Topics of interest: Emergency operating procedures (EOPs), district-wide involvement, evacuations, risk management, and student training.
Topics of interest: Employee relations, public outreach, budget development, best practices, change management, and lessons learned.
|Special Needs Transportation
Topics of interest: IEP Meetings, specialized equipment, safety, behavior management, and FERPA/privacy laws.
Topics of interest: McKinney-Vento, seat belts on school buses, drug and alcohol testing, electric vehicles, entry-level driver training (ELDT), and cybersecurity.
Topics of interest: Studies on cost-benefit analysis, effectiveness, safety, and efficiency.
- Submit your conference proposal here (a new window will open)
- Prior to submission please have the following ready:
- Contact information: name, credentials, title, school district/organization, email address, phone, city & state
- NAPT® member verification (if applicable)
- Session title and learning objectives
- Short abstract (a maximum of 350 words) - submitted as an attachment (PDF or DOC files only)
- Speaker biography - submitted as an attachment (PDF or DOC files only)
- Tips for Proposals:
- Content is king.
- Knowledge sharing is the most effective presentation model, do not present a sales pitch.
- Make it vast as learning levels are diverse.
- Ensure all information submitted is up to date.